GATE 2017 Admission, Notification, Exam Pattern, Online Application Form, Important Dates, Eligibility- gate.iitr.ernet.in :IIT Roorkee Organizing Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE – 2017) Examination scheduled to be held in February 2017. The GATE 2017 Online Application registration start from 1st September 2016 and close on 4th October 2016.
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) conducted by IISc and IITs has emerged asone of the bench mark tests for engineering and science aptitude in facilitating admissions for higher education (M.Tech./Ph.D.) in IITs, IISc and various other Institutes/ Universities/
Laboratories in India. With the standard and high quality of the GATE examination in 23 disciplines of engineering and science subjects, it identifies the candidateâ€™s understanding of a subject and aptitude and eligibility for higher studies. During the last few years, GATEÂ score is also being used as one of the criteria for recruitment in Government Organizations such as Cabinet Secretariat, and National/State Public Sector Undertakings in India.
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) jointly administer the conduct of GATE. The operations related to GATE in each of the 8 zones are managed by a zonal GATE Office at the IITs or IISc. The Organizing Institute (OI) is responsible for the end-to-end process and
coordination amongst the administering Institutes. Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee is the Organzing Institute for GATE 2017.
Name of Organization: IIT Roorkee
Exam Name : Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
Category: Application Form
Official website : gate.iitr.ernet.in
Educational Qualification :Candidates with any of the following qualifications are eligible to appear in GATE 2017
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year.
- Bachelor’s degree of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs. o Master’s degree in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Four-year integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Five-year integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/ Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs o Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
GATE 2017 Exam Pattern:
- The Exam will consists of MCQ Questions and Numerical questions.
- The answers to the Numerical questions are to be calculated by using the online virtual calculator.
- The exam will be conducted in online mode.
- There is a penalty of 0.33 marks for 1 mark questions and 0.66 marks for 2 marks questions.
- There will be no negative marking for numerical questions.
Application Fees for GATE 2017:
- For the General Category Candidates : 1500/- Rs.
- For the SC/St/OBC Candidates : 750/-Rs.
- For the Women Candidates : 750/-Rs.
gate.iitr.ernet.in Apply Online GATE Exam 2017
- Firstly visit the official website that is gate.iitr.ernet.in
- Now read the official notification and eligibility criteria
- Now click on the GATE 2017 Application Form link
- Click on the link and open it
- Now fill the various details and click on the submit button
- Now Pay the application fees
- At last take a print of the application form for further use
- Starting Date of Online Application : 01-09-2016
- Last date for submitting form: 04-10-2016
- Last date for Changes : 16-11-2016
- Defected Application : November, 2016
- Admit Card Issue Date : 05-01-2017
- Online Gate Exam date: 4th, 5th, 11th and 12th February 2017
- Result Declaration: 27-03-2017